Freeit is excited to add Sterling Bryant as a Major Account Executive focused on public sector client relationships in Texas. After retiring from Austin Energy, he now brings his 20+ years of experience with solving IT problems to help state and local organizations.
Sterling is a great asset to enhance Freeit’s services for public sector clients because he has been in their shoes and is able to empathize with the challenges that they are facing. He also understands the need to be good stewards of the citizens’ money and to make cost-effective technology decisions.
“Sterling brings such a depth of knowledge to the Freeit team. With his people-focused approach to problem-solving and his extensive experience with Austin Energy he is an excellent advocate for our public sector customers, “ said Freeit President & CEO, Wayne Orchid.
At Austin Energy, he was trusted to identify problems and solve them using technology. His work there included:
- Managing technical resources for the CC&B billing system and coordinating across departments to implement upgrades and patches
- Identifying and implementing security best practices to monitor and control server access points
- Establishing and managing VPN solutions for remote personnel and field operations
- Optimizing multiple aspects of the system by meeting with departments, identifying problems, and finding technology solutions
- Advocating for cross-project and cross-departmental collaboration in the implementation of solutions
Now that he has retired from Austin Energy, Sterling looks forward to becoming a trusted partner for public sector entities.
In fact, it was the no-pressure, helpful culture of the Freeit team that convinced Sterling to join the company.
“Everyone lives and breathes that we’re not selling things, that we’re trying to solve the problems of our clients. We want to know what your challenges are and identify optimal solutions together,” said Sterling.